Secret Weapons of the Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Weapons of the Empire

The forum for the Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption mod

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Campaign started!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SmallPox
Admin
SmallPox

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:00 pm

I've started to code a campaign! the first mission is done and only needs some small improvements.

Preview screen of the start of the first mission:
Spoiler:

Thrawn tells the player that he has to conquer some planets tobuild up the empire again after Palpatine's death.
Back to top Go down
http://secretweapons.heavenforum.com
Alpha-17

Alpha-17

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 am

moin
nicht übel aber warum der mufti tarkin denn noch dabei der ging doch schon mit dem ersten todesstern drauf?
mfg alpha-17
Back to top Go down
SmallPox
Admin
SmallPox

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:10 am

Der is noch da, weil ich noch keinen Ersatz gefunden hab Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alpha-17

Alpha-17

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 3:37 am

moin
also mir fallen die hier spontan ein die du nehmen könntest

Großadmiral Gilad Pellaeon
Soontir Fel
Ysanne Isard
Sate Pestage
Zsinj

mfg alpha-17
Back to top Go down
MOFFCALAS

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:04 am

sorry to be such a noob but how do i add the new units so i can play them sorry if i have posted in the wrong forum but this is the only popular one so if u could answer that would be great or u can add me on msn we will talk it over it is shayne.cameron@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
SmallPox
Admin
SmallPox

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:19 am

The full version of this mod isn't released yet.
But you can download the demo here:
http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Secret_Weapons_of_the_Empire;84523
Installation instructions are included
Back to top Go down
Lord Vader 1138

Lord Vader 1138

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 am

Hallo!
@Alpha-17: Pellaeon war zu der Zeit, in der die Kampagne spielt noch kein Großadmiral, sondern das Schoßhündchen von Thrawn, und da er sich auch immer mit Thrawn bewegte, ist er für eine eigenständige Einheit nicht ideal. Soontir Fel ist, meinen Informationen nach, nur Jäger-Pilot, aber kein Ersatz für einen Mann von einem Kaliber wie Tarkin!
Isard, Pestage und Zsinj wären denkabare Alternativen.

Sorry, wenn ich so eine Frage stelle, aber worin besteht eigentlich der Sinn des Mods?
Die Galaxiseroberung ist ja eigentlich zu einem Großteil für Fun gemacht, da man ganz unterschiedliche Einheiten sieht, die auch aus der Klonkriegs-Epoche kommen, also geschichtlich gesehen keinen Sinn machen. (was nichts ausmacht - just for fun Very Happy )
Dann macht ihr jetzt aber auch eine Kampagne, die die normale Geschichte frei weiterschreibt - auch eine gute Idee, aber kommen da auch die neuen Einheiten vor, die eigentlich nicht in die Epoche passen? Wenn ja, dann ist's ja unglaubwürdig, oder? Oder gilt für die Kampagne auch das Motto just for fun?

Hi!
Caution, bad English!!!!
@Alpha-17: In the time, when the mod takes places, Pellaeon was just a little imperial officer, not a grand admiral! He always travelled with Thrawn (he was commander of his stardestroyer!), so he isn't perfect to be a single unit! Soontir Fel ist just a fighter-pilot, not a man like Tarkin!
Isard, Pestage and Zsinj would be good alternatives!

Sorry, if I ask the question, but what is exactly the sense of the mod?
On the one hand, you have the galaxy-map-mode (I don't know what it's it called in English...), which is made just for fun. You have many units, who doesn't make sense in the Star Wars-history, like units from the Clonewars.
On the other hand, you have the campaign, which continues the story from episode 6 - a good idea, too, but do the new units, which don't appear in this period of time, take place in the campaign, too, or not? If the answer is yes, it wouldn't fit very well, because it wouldn't be a continueation (if this word exists...) of the saga, but just for fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.starwars-union.de/forum/profile.php?userid=10792
SmallPox
Admin
SmallPox

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 am

I must admit your thoughts are correct...
but of course the main intention of this mod is to be fun.
And another issue is that it's almost impossible to create a completely canon mod without a modeler.
So we have to take all the units we can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign started! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign started!   Campaign started! Empty

Back to top Go down

Campaign started!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Secret Weapons of the Empire :: Spaceship Addon 4.0 - Secret Weapons of the Empire :: Mod News-
Jump to: